ICON Vehicle Dynamics is known for its extensive research and development put into every product; the revolutionary outcome of this research is what sets ICON apart from the off-road industry standard. The Ford SVT Raptor was the first production truck, designed & built, to bridge the gap between a standard street “pickup truck” and an off-road pre-runner. Since the Raptor’s release ICON Vehicle Dynamics’ engineers have pushed this vehicle to extremes in order to develop the most comprehensive suspension components on the market. From the brutal deserts of the Southwest, to the deep snow of Michigan’s U.P., to the wooded trails of the East coast, ICON suspension systems have been put to the test and performed flawlessly. Unable to leave “well-enough” alone, ICON is once again aiming to raise the bar in Raptor performance with the introduction of the RXT Rear 3.0 Remote Reservoir Bypass Shock.
The ICON RXT 3.0 Rear Bypass shock with 3.0 Dual Hose Remote Reservoir is truly the next level in Ford Raptor Performance for the rear of your truck. Although this RXT 3.0 can be used as a stand-alone Raptor rear shock, the full potential is achieved when combined with the ICON #95120 Bumpstop kit and #95220 RXT Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Springs. When all three of ICON's uniquely engineered products are "bolted" on together, you will gain 20% more up-travel and 30% more down-travel over stock leaving you with 15 inches of usable rear wheel travel overall. The desire for increased up-travel was answered with a unique side-mount eyelet approach that allowed ICON engineers to develop a shock shorter in collapsed length, longer at extension, and still fits in the factory mounting location. A 3.0 Dual Hose Recirculating Reservoir (Patent Pending) incorporates a check valve that allows hot fluid in the shock body to be exchanged with cooler fluid in the reservoir. The result of this is the ability of the Raptor to be driven harder for longer periods of time without the worry of shock fade and degraded performance.
ICON RXT Rear 3.0 Remote Reservoir Bypass Shocks are far from the norm when compared to a traditional bypass shock you see on Trophy Trucks and other off-road race vehicles. Each bypass valve has a specific port design and individually equipped with a different spring rate to ensure proper performance at each zone of shock travel. These same bypass valves feature dampened valve stops for quiet and precise operation. That means no clicking noises as you hit bumps or road chatter driving down the road. The biggest difference in these shocks versus an industry standard bypass shock, are the included “Easy-to-Adjust” knobs and the replaceable bypass tubes. The “Easy to Adjust” High Resolution Clicker Knobs do not require any tools for adjustment, and can be adjusted in seconds from plush off-road performance to firm on road manners for extra control while driving the mountains or towing a trailer. Another unique feature of this shock is the replaceable bypass tubes that can be swapped out during a standard rebuild if any damage were to occur, where a normal bypass shock body would need to be completely replaced, saving you hundreds of dollars.
Key Features of the Raptor RXT Rear 3.0 Bypass Shock:
• 3.0 RXT 3 tube bypass rear shock with 3.0 remote reservoir
• Unique side-mounted upper eyelet allows for increased up-travel while utilizing factory mounting location
• Recirculating Dual Hose Reservoir (Patent Pending) keeps shock temperatures low by pumping heat to the reservoir for increased dissipation
• Anti-Wobble Link (Patent Pending) keeps bypass tubes clear of leaf spring and tire
• Easy-to-Adjust detented adjustment knobs offer quick adjustability without the use of tools
• High resolution bypass valves designed for noticeable fine tune adjustments in rebound and compression
• High flow CNC machined welded bypass blocks designed to increase fluid flow for enhanced performance & high definition tuning
• Replaceable bypass tubes that can easily be replaced if damaged
• Direct bolt in to OEM location with bypass adjustment knobs easily accessible for tuning adjustment
• Special engineered damped valve seats for quiet and precise operation without the standard bypass loud “clicking” noise you will find with other brands
• Multi stage cad plated finish with polished and anodized top cap / rod ends
• Protective shin guards standard with every kit
• Mounts in Ford Raptor factory OEM rear shock location
• Shock can be installed and will function properly without the use of additional components. However to gain
maximum up and down travel capabilities of this ICON RXT 3.0 shock, you must install the ICON #95120
Bumpstop kit and #95220 RXT Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Springs. (Total Travel 15")